Classes 6 & 7
Digitizing Audio and Video
Intellectual Property and Copyright Issues
- Teams will sign up to discuss the progress they are making on their entries as well as any problems they have encountered not answered by the class LibGuide or Omeka support community [continued from last Thursday]
Assignments this week –
- Primary Teams will create transcribed entries for audio and video, add items and assign metadata [this assignment moved to Week Four]
- Primary Teams will continue work on victim entries and begin work on museum exhibit for victim
- Secondary Teams will begin to work on their additional collection and museum exhibit
- Create Omeka Tutorial: Adding an Item and upload to our LibGuide – Robert & Sharon
- Create Omeka Tutorial: Adding a Collection and upload to our LibGuide – Sign-up sheet is on our Vista homepage
- Teams will create and submit a workflow proposal for their secondary collection through the assignments link on Vista for their secondary collection. This will be due Wednesday, July 11. Follow the Hazen Matrix and the workflow described in Chapter 7 of the Hughes text. Address all relevant issues and keep the proposal to 2-3 pages.
- Creation of Audio / Video page on LibGuide – Sign-up sheet is on our Vista homepage
- Creation of Scanning page on LibGuide – Sign-up sheet is on our Vista homepage
- Create a blog post about your thoughts and experiences with Omeka and/or the class at VOICES and read and comment on two of your fellow archivist’s postings.
Lorna M. Hughes, Digitizing Collections.
- Chapter 9, “Digitization of Audio and moving images collections”
“Podcasting Legal Guide
(http://wiki.creativecommons.org/Podcasting_Legal_Guide) © 2006 Colette Vogele of Vogele &Associates, Mia Garlick of Creative Commons and the Berkman Center Clinical Program in Cyberlaw. This Guide was produced as part of the Non-Residential Fellowship Program of the Center for Internet &Society at Stanford Law School.”
StoryCorps. [Pay particular attention to the selection of oral history interviews related to September 11th. http://www.storycorps.org/listen/stories/category/september-11
Metadata Rights Management – PDF posted on Vista
Create a Collection